Thursday, March 27, 2014

DIY Pride and Prejudice Book Cover Pendant

Like many women out there, Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite classic books. I decided to make a pendant using my favorite cover of the book - the peacock one. It took all of about 5 minutes (plus drying time).


Materials:
Rectangle Bezel - I found mine at Hobby Lobby
Printed picture of book cover, shrunk to the correct size to fit in your bezel (Google and Word)
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic

Directions:
  1. Cut out the book cover picture to fit in your bezel.
  2. Cover the picture with Dimensional Magic.
  3. Use a small needle or pin to remove any air bubbles (make sure to get any air out from underneath your picture -
  4. Let dry for 24 hours.
  5. Put your new pendant on a chain and proclaim your literary love to the world.
I'm planning on wearing mine on the first day of class next quarter (since I do teach reading and writing). In fact, I'm considering making a whole bunch of them (of different books, of course) and making a game out of it for my students. Perhaps extra credit if they can tell me one thing about the book I'm wearing. Now to pick out what other books I would want to do...

Choices, choices...

No comments:

Post a Comment